Fecha actual 22 Ago 2017 15:59

Todos los horarios son UTC + 1 hora

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 11 mensajes ] 
Autor Mensaje
NotaPublicado: 12 Oct 2014 06:09 
Elfito
Elfito

NOTE
This announcement is being made on the English, Spanish, French and Italian communities. While I have a passing grasp of each of those languages, an individual translated announcement would test my sanity, so I hope I don't offend anyone but this is going in English everywhere.

iFrotz 1.7.1 to hit the AppStore in roughly 11 days

I've had the serious pleasure of helping Craigh Smith, who maintains iFrotz, with its development: i.e., I've been playing tons of games and making tons of feature requests and filing tons of bug fixes. I think it should be public knowledge that Mr. Smith is the dream of every software user: he has graciously listened to *everything* I ever had to say and has fixed the vast, vast majority of the bugs I found; left a small sample for later; and we both agreed that a few fringe cases were simply not possible at this time.

My iOS device is an iPod Touch. I can assure you that in iFrotz, in its current incarnation, it's no hardship at all.

Here are some of the new features and fixes:

* Pinch to increase/decrease text size, including the status bar;
* Bug fix: status bar and quote boxes got cropped sometimes;
* Search bar now included, in case you have a huge database of games like yours truly;
* RECORD/PLAY commands now available, mostly for the sake of Endless, Nameless;
* Hyperlinks fixed;
* Pinch to zoom graphic windows (just the actual graphic; the window remains the same size);
* SuperGlus, Glus, and PapuaGlus, and I-Don't-Know-What-Else-Glus, now fully supported barring any unexpected development. Very many games tested to ensure this;
* Autocomplete now uses the game's disctionary, making it game-specific and international;
* Various Glk bugs fixed;
* Fail-Safe quote bug fixed;
* Accented and extended characters displayed as "?" in the text, status bar and quote boxed: fixed;
* Two-finger tap to emulate ESC, due to new games having a menu system that requires it;
* The Help menu in some games crashed iFrotz this is also now fixed;
* Increased maximum font size;
* Various bug fixes (example: in Diana and La Vita? Non Parlatemi De La Vita a typewriter effect made iFrotz crash. No more)

The only thing still missing from iFrotz that would make it at least as good as a desktop interpreter is that it doesn't play sound yet. There are also still some individual issues with some individual games, but due to Craig Smith's incessant efforts (which will now, for the sake of his sanity, go on a little break) the list has been dwindling away.

I encourage you to make suggestions and bug report here: https://code.google.com/p/iphonefrotz/issues/list. Craig Smith WILL pay attention to them, and will be glad for your feedback.

Peter Pears

NotaPublicado: 12 Oct 2014 21:44 
Momio
Momio

Great news Peter! Thanks for supporting those tricky old Superglus/paguaglus games!

NotaPublicado: 12 Oct 2014 23:23 
Implementador
Implementador

It is great that a popular IF interpreter for a widely used platform like iOS is being update. Ammon other features, you said that there is an ESC key emulation by double-tapping; it is currently possible to emulate this when VoiceOver is turned on?

NotaPublicado: 13 Oct 2014 23:17 
Elfito
Elfito

Quizàs, pero podreis ver usted mismos si funciona!

Muchas gracias per las respostas en Ingles, pero el mio Español, aunque malo y sofrido y una mescla di Portguês, Italiano y sabe-Dios-que-más, si comprendre (espero!), e yo comprendo bene el Español escrito.

Come ho decho, se esiste una cosa que non funciona (se "ESC emulation" no funciona con VoiceOver) Craig Smith quererá saber, pues que basta andar a https://code.google.com/p/iphonefrotz/issues/list.

Ah; Craig Smith desistiò de la version Glulx de Estación Acuário. Lo juego mismo non funciona bien, cargar un juego es muy complicado. Resulta jugabil en WinGlulx, aunque extraño; en iFrotz, cargar resulta en que el juego no funcione más.

Ah, y en "Heroés de la Mazmorra" auto-complete no funciona. No se porque.

Solo por que lo saiban ustedes. :)

NotaPublicado: 13 Oct 2014 23:59 
Momio
Momio

Probablemente con esto:

Double-tap and hold (1 second) + standard gesture: Use a
standard gesture.

O sea, doble tap manteniendo el segundo 1sg, luego doble tap

NotaPublicado: 14 Oct 2014 13:39 
Grafista
Grafista

¡Genial! Tengo que probar cómo funcionan los hipervínculos. ¡Gracias por el aviso!

NotaPublicado: 15 Oct 2014 11:05 
Momio
Momio

Though I cannot test iFrotz (it's not yet in the App Store), I have tested the double tap feature with Voice Over in Safari. And it works as expected: to double tap with voice over active (or to make any other standard gesture), you just have to double tap holding the second tap for one second, then the standard gesture. So to double tap with Voice over active you have to do this:

Tap-long tap-tap-tap

That triggers standard double tap in Safari, so I bet iFrotz will get it as well and generate the ESC key effect.

I can check it when iFrotz is avaliable anyway.

NotaPublicado: 15 Oct 2014 12:00 
Elfito
Elfito

Devo decir que ESC solo es usado en tres juegos. Bien, solo lo vi usado en tres juegos: Groove Billigoat, Invisible Parties, y Hunger Daemon. Y solo para navegar el menu. Creo que no hará diferencia en la major parte de los juegos.

NotaPublicado: 21 Oct 2014 11:37 
Elfito
Elfito

iFrotz 1.7.1 is now available for download in the AppStore.

NotaPublicado: 21 Oct 2014 18:12 
Momio
Momio

Peter Pears escribió:
iFrotz 1.7.1 is now available for download in the AppStore.

Oh! but it is actually named just "Frotz", I wasn't able to find it until I tried that :)

Please tell Craig if he wants to add a spanish description for the languages section of iTunesconnect I can provide it. Just let me know.

NotaPublicado: 21 Oct 2014 21:57 
Elfito
Elfito

Craig Smith escribió:
Thanks!

That will be useful eventually, but I think it'd be misleading to provide a Spanish language localization to the iTunes metadata when the app itself isn't localized yet.

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 11 mensajes ] 

Todos los horarios son UTC + 1 hora